Frequently Asked Questions – If you are unable to find an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us!
How do I remove writing from your erasable labels?
To remove writing from Stickwix™ labels, you can use the following:
Dry Erase – Use dry cloth
Wet Marker – Use cloth dampened with water
Permanent Maker – Use cloth dampened in 90% Rubbing Alcohol
Pen – Use cloth dampened in 90% Rubbing Alcohol
Watch our video Erasable Labels for instructions.
My label isn’t sticking well anymore. What can I do?
If your label isn’t sticking well, it may be time to clean it. Sometimes paper, dirt and lint can keep your label from sticking. To clean you can wash in soap and water.
Watch our video on how to clean labels for more information.
How do I use Stickwix™ labels?
- To Use: Remove label from package. Affix label to any non-porous container or surface with picture facing out and press firmly; it will remain in place until you remove it. To affix to cold or moist items, remove any condensation before applying.
- To Remove: Simply peel away from container or surface. If difficult to remove, apply water and rub label off.
How do I clean my labels?
We have different types of methods for cleaning your labels.
- To clean a label that is preprinted, we recommend soap and water, or any non-astringent cleaner. It is always recommended that you test an area to ensure the cleaning product does not fade the print on your label.
- Cleaning a writeable label depends on what type of writing tool you use.
- If using a dry marker, just wash with soap and water or just wipe the label clean with a cloth of your choosing.
- To clean a label after using a wet marker, wash with soap and water.
- To clean a label after using a pen or permanent marker, clean with 90% rubbing alcohol.
- Always test your permanent markers on a small area of your labels, as not all permanent markers come off all the way.
- If you find you are having a tough time getting any residual marker off of a writable label, acetone nail polish remover on a cotton ball will usually do the trick.
I removed my label from an item in my freezer and tried to put it back; however, it would not stick. What do I do?
- You must allow the label to get room temp again before reapplying. One method of getting your label to thaw out, is to place it in between the palms of your hand until it becomes tacky again. You can also run it under hot water and shake the excess water off.
How do I clean my ADD/ASD picture labels?
- These labels are preprinted and do not have a protective overlay to write on. It is recommended to use soap and water to clean these. Using anything astringent on the print can cause the color and print to fade.
How do I clean the back of my label if it gets dirty or does not stick anymore?
- All of our labels have the same tacky material on the back. All can be cleaned with soap and water to remove debris. If your label has paper sticking from a cereal box or frozen vegetable box from the freezer, just soak in hot soapy water for a few minutes and rub clean. See website videos for further details.
Are there any Warnings about the Labels to be aware of?
1. Small parts, choking hazard, not to be ingested or chewed . Not for children under 3 years old Adult supervision required.
2. Not to be used on hot surfaces, toasters, ovens or microwaves.
4. Do not leave in hot/humid environments or vehicles.
5. Not to be stored on or in surfaces hotter than 80 degrees. Hotter temps can cause product to leach and breakdown over a shorter period of time, thus shortening the life span of the product.
6. Not recommended for porous surfaces. Product may leach dependent on size of label and type of surface. Always test a small surface area to make certain product does not leach or cause discoloration to surface being used. Product intended for most NON-POROUS surfaces.
Will the colors of the stickers be different than what is shown on the website?
Some label colors may vary from what you are seeing on the website due to the way various computer monitors, tablets and phones interpret color from websites. So the actual label colors (off white/white etc) may vary a little based on what you see on our website.
Can you do custom orders?
Depending on the quantity, we can create custom labels. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assess your needs.
What material are Stickwix™ labels made of?
Our labels are made of vinyl or Teslin with a urethane backing depending on what line you are buying.
Are Stickwix™ labels waterproof?
- Stickwix™ labels are waterproof.
Are Stickwix™ labels writeable/erasable?
- Some Stickwix™ labels can be written on with a dry-erase marker, pen or sharpie. They can be erased with soap and water and/or rubbing alcohol.
How thick are Stickwix™ labels?
- Stickwix™ are approximately 1/8” thick.
How long will Stickwix™ labels last?
- The longevity of your label is dependent on the user, the label’s purpose, where it is used and how it is maintained. We have clients who have been using the same labels for about 1-3 years. All results may vary. Please see care instructions to extend the life of your labels
Are Stickwix™ labels magnetic?
- The labels themselves are not, but they can be used on a magnetic surface.
How much are Stickwix™ labels?
- Please view website for various packages and pricing.
Will they stick in the shower?
- Yes, our labels will stick in the shower. Always make certain the surface area is clean of any dirt, oil or debris. If using the labels in the shower, we recommend placing the labels before turning the water on. This will allow the label to stick better. Your labels can be placed on the wet tile; however, they may not stick right away and would require maneuvering by the user. Results may vary.
Do the labels leave a residue on the mirrors or walls?
- The labels may leave a residue, depending where you place them, the temperature of the surface and if there is humidity in the area. Results may vary. The label is meant for non-porous surfaces. If using on a non-porous surface and a residue is still left behind, it can be easily removed with a mild soap and water, an all- purpose cleaner and a sponge, or even rubbing alcohol or household cleaner wipes.
Does the heat affect the labels?
- Yes, heat will affect the way your label sticks and how long it will last. It is not recommended to use in hot/humid areas over 80 degrees for lengthy periods of time. You may notice that our labels will be tackier in hotter climates or during the spring and summer months of the year.
Can I stack them on top of one another?
- Yes, all of our labels are stackable. However, if you are stacking writable labels, your marking can bleed onto other labels’ sticky backing. However it will not affect the labels’ adhesion. All results may vary. If you are stacking any of our preprinted Wixmix™ or Wixpix™ labels, you should not see any staining.
How do I store the labels?
- You can store your labels upon the original backing, on any plastic sheeting or on a non-porous sheeting of your choice. Always test the material you are storing your labels on. We recommend that you always store labels by covering the sticky side and in temperature between 65 and 80 degrees.
Can I write on the Wixpix™ and Wixmix™ labels?
- These labels are preprinted with pictures and text as a communication and educational tool for its users. Any additional copy will not be removable. If you do not see a label that may suit your needs, please submit your email address and let us know. We also do custom orders.
Can I use in the microwave or oven?
- This product is not made for microwaves, ovens, stoves, toaster or open fires.
Can I use in the freezer or refrigerator?
Yes. This product works well in the freezer or refrigerator. However, it is recommended to wipe off any condensation, frost or ice when placing in cold spaces. The product can also be more difficult to remove in colder environments.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and PayPal.
How secure is your site?
We offer SSL security with 128-bit encryption upon checkout. This ensures that all your data remains private and secure.
Ordering and Shipping
What are your Shipping rates?
U.S. Shipping Chart
$1.00 – $34.99 Small envelope/box 2-3 Day Priority w / tracking – $6.45
$35.00 – $149.99 Medium box 2-3 Day Priority w / tracking – $13.45
$150.00 – $349.99 Large box 2-3 Day Priority w / tracking – $18.75
Over $350.00 -or- Out of Country orders: Please contact us at email@example.com for large order shipping charge
What is your return and exchange policy?
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- To be eligible for a return, your labels must be unused and in the same condition that you received them.
- Your labels must be in the original packaging.
- Your labels need to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
- Once we receive your returned labels, we will inspect them and notify you that we have received your return. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
- If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will it take to get my order?
We strive to ship all orders within 7 to 10 business days upon receipt of your order.
How can I make a purchase?
- Click Add to Cart on the Product page.
- Access your Cart at any time by clicking the cart icon at the top right of the site. From there, proceed to purchase or continue shopping.
- At your cart
- Select a shipping destination, review the cost and adjust quantity if necessary
- Proceed to Checkout when you’re ready.
- Choose your payment method: Visa/Mastercard, Discover or PayPal. (PayPal users will be redirected to a secure PayPal page and then back to Stickwix™ to confirm the order.)
- Submit Your Order
- You’ll have a chance to review your information before submitting your order.
- To complete the process, click Submit Order.
- You will see a confirmation that your order is complete and receive an email confirmation at the address you provide.
Do you offer volume pricing?
- Volume discounts are available for the purchase of quantities of ten or more for any individual item. Contact Stickwix™ at email@example.com for more information.